Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Food Log #1.

I am not sure that I have chosen the "best" day to represent as my first food log entry, but I am keeping it real and holding nothing back! I'm human too.

#1 - 12pm - Protein Shake - 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey (Double Rich Chocolate) + 8 oz. Light Chocolate Soy Milk + 8 Frozen Organic Strawberries [280 calories]

# 2 - 2:45 pm - Egg Sandwich + 3/4 Medium Honey Crisp Apple - 1 Oroweat Sandwich Thin + 2 whole eggs and 1 white, hardboiled + 1 tsp. light mayo + 1 tsp. cheap mustard, more turmeric. [338 calories]

#3 - 5:35 pm - White Chocolate ThinkThin Bar + 1 oz. peanuts + 1 medium banana [544]

#4 - 9:30 pm - 0.5 oz. cashews + Cliff Bar + Good Earth Sweet&Spicy Tea [305 calories]

Total Calories: 1, 467
Total Water Intake: 2.75 liters

Lets scrutinize:

A) I did not eat until 12. Granted - I woke up at 9:45, showered and went to the Chiropractor then straight to the gym to do my daily miles. I shouldn't start my meals that late in the day!

B) TWO protein/energy bars in one day is a no-no in my books. Cliff bars are too filled with sugar for me to be eating unless it is my dessert, and even then there are better options. Too be honest, I was too lazy to cook some veggies when I got home from training 8 clients - and the veggies were really what sounded best.

C) I only had four meals, I should be eating 5-6 and hitting at least 1,600 calories a day.

D) WHERE ARE ALL THE VEGETABLES? Fail. I have been struggling getting my colors in as far as vegetables go. I prefer mine cooked - but in the morning I typically have a protein shake or steel cut oats. So if I do not fit them in at lunch they get neglected because my weekday evenings are spent at the gym with no break room. Frustrating - however not an excuse. I can do better. I will.

E) Proud of my water intake. I had been slacking lately on it - terrible - so I focused on that specifically today and did well. :-)

Tomorrow's Goals:

- Eat the zucchini, bell peppers, and broccoli in my refrigerator so way or another.
- 3 liters of water.
- 5 meals.

Here goes!!

"He that exercises and neglects diet, wastes their effort" - Morganese Proverb -

No comments:

Post a Comment