Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Food Log #2

Another day in the life on my digestive tract. Food goes in - sometimes makes me sick - some of it doesn't stay - and the rest fuels my life. With my half-marathon swiftly approaching (66 days!) I have been focusing on eating foods that will support my running habits and allow me to manage my stomach woes.

Here is what was on the list today:

#1 - 10:00 am - 6 oz. non-fat vanilla greek yogurt + 1/2 cup frozen raspberries and pineapple tidbits (186 cal)

#2 - 12:30 pm - 2 oz. non-fat vanilla greek yogurt + 1 scoop double rich chocolate whey protein powder [A delicious combination that when mixed together, tastes like pudding!] (170 cal, 29 grams of protein!)

#3 - 3:00 pm - 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg + 10 leaves spinach + 1 artichoke heart + 1 oz goat cheese + 1/2 cup apple sauce (275 cal)

#4 - 7:00 pm - 1 oz. almonds, raw and unsalted (160 cal)

#5 - Carrot/Zucchini/Asparagus/Tofu Stir fry + 90 grams of long grain brown rice (approx. 500 cal)

#6 - Pure Protein Chocolate Shake (120)

Total - 1,411 calories

Water: 3+ liters

Workout: 2.25 mile run @ 7.0 mph + Back Workout, pre-run

It seems like it is not very many calories - but I am completely satisfied if not even feeling a little full. Spreading my meals out through the day and taking in a lot of high-quality protein definitely helps to decrease my hunger pangs. Also, I hit my goal of 3 liters water intake, which also makes me feel more satiated.

Great day all around! Everything was quite delicious as well. Yum yum! I sure love to eat :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment